FISH DOCTOR POLICIES
How do I know when to expect delivery of my livestock order?
After we receive your livestock order, we will CALL within 1-4 business days to let you set the shipping date. (Pre-order items may take up to ten business days.) This way you know when to expect your shipment, and we know your order will be delivered when you are available to sign for it.
How will I receive my tracking number(s)?
After your order is shipped you will receive an email with the Fedex tracking number for your shipment. You can enter your tracking number at www.fedex.com to track your order.
Why are livestock orders not shipped immediately?
We take the time necessary to be sure that all livestock are fully acclimated, healthy, and eating well in our holding facility before shipping. We get a lot of orders but will only ship a maximum amount of live order boxes a day to ensure quality. Additionally, we will only ship livestock that meet our high-quality criteria.
Most in-stock livestock orders are ready to be shipped with your permission within two business days of the order date.
Livestock marked PRE-ORDER are shipped within 14 days of the order date. We will keep you informed.
What days do you ship orders out?
Fish Doctor ships all live stock orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays for overnight delivery. This shipping schedule allows us to prioritize different days for livestock arrival and acclimation and for established and quarantined animals to be carefully selected and packed for shipment to you with the highest standards of care.
How long do items not in stock take to ship out?
Fish Doctor will ship your fish, corals and invertebrates that are not in stock as soon as they arrive from our supplier and undergo a minimum 48 hour holding period which gives us time to allow the animals to rest up before being reshipped to you.
When is the 15 day guarantee not offered?
Fish Doctor will only offer the 15 day guarantee on animals that have undergone a complete 21 day quarantine holding period, and all other animals will be give an “arrive alive” guarantee which guarantees that your animals will arrive alive.
Fish Doctor will hold most animals ordered that are not in stock for the 21 day quarantine period at no additional cost, at your request. Some special order items can not be held for quarantine and will not be given a 15 day guarantee, please inquire as to your specific special order and if the 15 day guarantee applies to your order when placing your order.
Dry Goods Warranty
Any warranty issues must be dealt with the manufacturer directly. We do not do repairs or warranty work. We do not accept returned dry goods that have been opened and used unless there is a manufacturer defect. In that case you will be directed to the manufacturer directly for warranty service. Any return of dry goods must be done so with a Return Authorization Number that you will receive when you call us regarding your issue. Do not simply return a dry good item without notifying us or you will void any guarantee. Most dry goods items we sell are done so on a drop-ship basis and we will not credit any shipping costs on returns. We are not responsible for any damage caused by shipping companies or incurred during shipping and handling. Credits for this reason must be directed to ONTRAC or FedEx directly.
We will not be responsible for typographical errors, accuracy of information contained on this site, or any pricing errors. If a price is listed in error we reserve the right to cancel any sale. We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time for any reason.
By placing an order you automatically agree to these terms and conditions.
IF YOU PLACE MORE THAN ONE ORDER BEFORE WE SHIP: Maybe you just placed an order, and you suddenly notice that the Chalice you've been waiting for all year has just shown up on our site. This happens a lot during our weekend sales! What to do? Go ahead and place the order on our site. However, if you've already paid for shipping, indicate "Local Pickup" for your delivery option, and you won't be charged again. We'll combine and ship your orders together! Of course, you can always call us, and we can figure out the best course of action for your circumstances.
*shipping rates subject to change at the discretion of the company and its shipping partners. Rest assured, we are working rigorously to bring you the best and cheapest shipping. We know how important your livestock is to you, and we are vigilant about shipping requirements. Thank you.
If there is any question of not being available to accept your package on the first delivery attempt, we suggest that you opt to have your shipment held for pickup at a FedEx location. It’s free, and this arrangement assures that you won’t miss the delivery. The potential stress on your livestock is greatly reduced, since it will be in one location until picked up. As an added bonus, you can often pick up the package as early as 9AM most days. If you want this service, please advise and indicate your preferred pickup location at checkout. Call 1-800-GO FEDEX to find the nearest pickup location, or check their web site at www.fedex.com.
15 DAY GUARANTEE:
All aquarium livestock are hand-picked, carefully screened for size and exceptional color, quality, and health by Fish Doctor. Fish Doctor guarantees that all livestock will arrive alive and live for 15 days or we will issue a credit for the purchase price of your lost item. We have the best livestock and can offer the best guarantee because we believe our husbandry and our shipping methods are the best!
Buy with total confidence and minimum risk with our money back guarantee!
Please read 'Terms and Conditions' carefully.
If your deceased animal goes 'missing' or gets 'eaten', we will not provide a refund. Many missing animals are hiding and are not deceased. It is your responsibility to provide proof of the deceased specimen.
Fifteen-day guarantee begins on the initial delivery date.
Customer must sign for package on the first delivery attempt -- even if FedEx is late.
Customer must follow all acclimating procedures even if animals appear dead. While we pack with the utmost care, fish may be stressed from shipping and will become more lively after acclimation and rest.
Tank’s water chemistry must be within the following parameters: - Temperature – between 75°- 83° F and constant - Ammonia – 0.0 ppm - Nitrite – 0.0 ppm - Nitrate – 0.0-30 ppm - pH – 8.1-8.4 - Specific gravity – 1.020-1.025
We will not be responsible for livestock that has died as a result of being harassed or picked on by other fish.
We will not issue refunds or credit for shipping costs.
Call or email immediately within the fifteen days to report loss. Be sure to include name, number, and message.
Take a digital picture in jpeg or gif format and email to . Be sure to include your full name or order number in the email, name of the item lost, and picture.
We will call or email you to let you know your account has been refunded.
EXCEPTIONS THAT VOID GUARANTEE
1. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE HANDLING AND DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDED BY SHIPPING COMPANIES SUCH AS ONTRAC OR FEDEX.
2. WE DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE ON LOSSES DUE TO SHIPPING COMPANY ERRORS OR WEATHER DELAYS as these are strictly beyond our control. We make every effort to check for potential weather problems on the day your shipment is scheduled to go out, but the actual weather is beyond our control. It is ultimately your responsibility to inform us of inclement weather or extreme temps that necessitate a change in ship date. Should you fail to notify us, or choose to ship in spite of a recommendation from us to reschedule due to potential weather problems, our guarantee will be void on your shipment. We generally do not recommend shipping if the projected overnight temperatures in your area will be in the single digits or lower, or when there is a strong possibility of significant snow or ice that may cause delivery delays.
3. WE DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH AN INCORRECT ADDRESS.
4. We do not guarantee an exact color match to the photos posted on our site. We do everything possible to get the photos to look exactly like the corals and clams as they appear in our systems, but with digital technology and the vast array of lighting in different tanks it is impossible to guarantee an exact match. Most of our livestock is sold with WYSIWYG photos - What You See Is What You Get. This means that the item photographed is the item that will be sent to you and represents the item as it appeared in our systems as accurately as possible at the time the photo was taken. Corals do grow and colors can shift over time so again, we are not able to offer an exact color match in your system even with WYSIWYG photos.
5. You must accept delivery on the first attempt by the delivery company and acclimate all livestock into your tank within 2 hours of delivery. We do not offer any guarantee on livestock that has not been accepted on the first delivery attempt and that has been sitting in the box longer than 2 hours after delivery. If livestock is delivered to another location than where your tank is located we will not guarantee any losses due to the animals sitting in the box longer than 2 hours beyond delivery. In the event that you have your order shipped to a Hold facility to pick up, delivery time is considered to be the time the box was first made available at the pickup location and boxes must be picked up both within 2 hours of delivery time AND before 12 noon for our guarantee to remain in effect. Choosing to ship to a Hold location that does not offer AM pickup times will void our guarantee.
6. Zone 1 ground shipping of livestock is only guaranteed if sent as hold for your pickup. If not held for pick-up these ground service deliveries may ride around on the truck until late at night before delivery, so we ask that you pick up at the ONTRAC center. We will provide the ONTRAC address and pick-up hours when we contact you to confirm your order. Pickup locations must offer AM pickup and your order must be picked up both within two hours of when it is made available at the location, and before 12 noon, for our guarantee to remain in effect.
7. If you are issued a credit for a loss you have the following options: Replacement, Store Credit or Refund. Replacements and store credits expire one year from date of issue. We will only ship replacements/credits one time. In the unlikely event of a problem with reshipped items, we are not able to offer replacement or credit a second time. Shipping is charged on all orders including replacements. We do not offer free shipping, but do offer subsidized low flat rate shipping and our 'Better Than Free Shipping' livestock discount program on shipped orders.
We highly suggest the addition of shipping insurance to your shipment to protect your shipment from unexpected loss.
We reserve the right to decline a sale for any reason. We reserve the right to refuse to ship to anyone for any reason and we reserve the right to not do business with anyone for any reason.